Wednesday, November 16, 2011

So, what do you think?

I was super excited to hear about the possibility of another class to further develop the projects we have been working on this quarter, but is anybody else interested in actually producing games?

My main concern is that our skill sets are mostly arts and designs but not technical. I believe creating games with the level of sophistication we would like them to be takes a whole lot of programing and engineering.
For example, this is the job list of Blizzard (WoW, Diablo). > LINK
It seems to me that there are a lot more engineer jobs than designer and artist jobs.
This discourages me a bit because it looks a lot harder to break in the industry if you are not technically based.

With that in mind, I still am very interested in trying to make games possibly with our own ideas. I would love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. If we could understand the engineer side of video games completely we would be able to have more creative control and explain what we would like in the language of an engineer. That's what I would like to learn.
    Just how directors learn how animation works, they're able to direct animators better and set reasonable time frames.
    I don't want to learn how to program!

    ReplyDelete